Giant Kiwifruit Seeds
Price for Package of 5 seeds.
Gigant fruits which have a weight of 170 grams.
Once known as Chinese gooseberry in Europe, the kiwi first came to the United States in the early 1900s. Fuzzy, brown and oblong, the kiwi does not require peeling before eating. The kiwi plant has a life expectancy of 50 years. If you live within USDA hardiness zone seven through nine, you can grow a kiwi plant from the seeds of a kiwi fruit. But keep in mind, you must plant more than one kiwi plant, spaced 10 feet apart, in order for the plants to produce kiwi fruits in three to four years
Health Benefits of Kiwi Fruit
1. Prevents asthma and other respiratory diseases
2. Fights cardiovascular diseases
3. Anti cancer
4. Digestive health
5. Protects your eyes
6. Manage blood pressure
7. Good for skin
8. Boosts immunity
9. Fights male impotency
10. Supports healthy birth
How to Grow:
1. Lay the seeds on a paper towel to dry out. Place the seeds in an area where they will remain undisturbed for two days.
2. Fill a plastic baggie with perlite. Add the dried kiwi seeds to the perlite, seal the baggie and place it in the refrigerator for a minimum of four months.
3. Fill a 6-inch pot with sterilized potting soil. Remove the kiwi seeds from the refrigerator and plant them in the potting soil at a depth of 1/8 of an inch.
4. Moisten the soil with a spray bottle of water and cover the pot with a piece of saran wrap, secured with a rubber band. Place the pot in a warm area while the kiwi seeds germinate.
5. Remove the plastic wrap once the kiwi seeds begin to sprout, and continue spraying the kiwi seeds with water to keep the soil moist. Place the pot in an area that receives direct sunlight for at least six hours per day.
6. Transplant the kiwi seedlings outdoors, in the spring, in well-drained soil that has a pH between 5.5 to 7.0. Test the soil to determine the acidity before planting, using a soil pH testing kit. If necessary, amend the soil with lime raise the pH and peat moss to lower it.
7. Water the kiwi plants at a rate of 1-inch of water per week for the first year, using a soaker hose. Fertilize the kiwi with a 10-10-10 fertilizer according to label instructions.
about 2-3 months in a moist substrate at 2-5 ° C refrigerator
all year round> Autumn / Winter preferred
Needs Light to germinate! Just sprinkle on the surface of the substrate + gently press
Coir or sowing mix + sand or perlite
10-15 ° C
bright + keep constantly moist not wet
Water regularly during the growing season
Copyright © 2012 Seeds Gallery - Saatgut Galerie - Galerija semena.
All Rights Reserved.